May 2008. A dream fulfilled: a trip to Paris with my best friend! Here are my favorite photos from our arrival day. I will periodically share subsequent days of the trip as I finish editing them. I took the photographs 10 years ago and am just now getting around to editing them! haha! I’m a major photo procrastinator. But I’m glad I waited in a way, as I can delete photos more easily and edit in a nostalgic style, which suits Paris. You must forgive the slightly grainy photo quality as these were taken with my first little 5 megapixel camera. Enjoy~
- My first siting of the Arc D’triumph in our taxi from the airport.
- The gorgeous architecture of the buildings (I was in awe) and the sights and smells of the open air food market near our hotel.
- The Eiffel Tower! We went right up it- fantastic views!
- Locals playing some bocce ball in the park near the tower.
- The street view of Napoleon’s gold dome burial spot.
- Wandering the streets in a light rain.
- Enjoying a creme brûlée for dessert.
- The tower lit up at night from our hotel room’s balcony.
Looking back on these, I appreciate all the more what a beautiful city Paris is. I’m so thankful I was able to see it with my own eyes. I would love to visit again someday, along with the french countryside. More to come….